I've installed Toucan version 1.2.1. I've tried to synchronise two folders using the 'equalise' mode. Each folder is located on a different harddisk. I've done some testing using simple text files. First I created two files in the source folder [A]. Synchronisation was ok. Then I changed the contents of the files in the destination folder [B]. Synchronisation did not update the files in the source folder [A]. The last modified date and time tags of the files in the destination folder returned to the values corresponding to the time the files were first created. Can you tell me if this is a bug?
does this still happen in 1.2.2?
In my message, I stated that I've used version 1.2.1 for testing, but it was actually version 18.104.22.168. So yes, it happens in version 1.2.2.
OK I shall look into this in more detail soon.
Thanks in advance!
a am having trouble recreating this on my setup, if you use 2.0 Alpha 2 does this still occur, just wondering because a lot of code changed in 2.0, including the way it does equalising.
I've done some additional testing. I did some testing on version 1.2.2 and your 2.0 Alpha 2 version.
For Alpha 2, synchronization with equalise function is ok with Retain Timestamps off. With Retain Timestamps on, sync is ok from the source to the destination folder (from [A] to [B]. However, after updating the files in the destination folder [A], synchronizing (from [B] to [A]), resulted in the new version of the files getting the timestamp of the old version, but the old version of the files is not replaced by the new version. With Retain Attributes on, sync is ok.
Similar results for version 1.2.2. In this case 'Retain Timestamps'is 'included' in the 'Retain Attributes'option. Sync is ok with Retain Timestamps off, but with Retain Timestamps on, sync is not ok when files have been updated in the destination folder.
I know it's an alpha version, but I'd like to give you additional comments (probably some features will be included in the final 2.0 (?):
- Jobs are not saved!
- Would be nice to have a nice icon on the rules tab.
- Field labels are missing for 'Source' and 'Destination' fields.
- Rules name fields on different tabs have different sizes. Rules name field label doesn't have capital letter for each word, i.e. Rules name instead of Rules Name (compare Job Name).
- I guess the options on the Setting tab will be the same as in version 1.2.2?
I think the new version looks much nicer! Keep up the good work. But I wonder, is it possible to request for more functions?
- Would be nice to add the 'date modified' to the file names, so users can actually see which files have been updated in the source or destination folders. After pressing the 'Preview' button, users can see files being 'updated'.