Been struggling a week now!
Previous working configuration.
1. Was running Ver 2.2 on a stick and on the local HDD as a portable app.
2. Win XP host system
3. Using Java and Mysql *.jar file for JDBC functionality(latest)
4. No problems
Upgraded to 2.4 on both installations.
1. Path to local Java auto detected but not selected.
2. Path to Class/Archive mysql*.jar is clear every time I start OOp
3. File G:\PortableApps\OpenOfficePortable\Data\settings\user\config\javasettings_Windows_x86.xml
contains the correct information when exiting OOp but on entry to OOp the content is set back to empty default values.
I can set the correct values and immediately work with a DB but, on exit all is lost again.
No it does not prompt my to exit and reload after changing Java settings !!
Tried that to!
Request user registration every time plus the afore mentioned problem with Java
Yes I did exit OOp every time.
Yes I did exit Papp every time.
Yes I did delete All installations and work on the Stick only.
No there is not an installation of normal OO on either machine.
Yes I did search for hidden ini files.
Yes I did create a ini file in G:\PortableApps\OpenOfficePortable
No, the symptoms changed, javasettings_Windows_x86.xml was no longer changing but it was not being read either.
Yes I tried going back to OOp 2.2 same results.
Yes I tried on a new machine.
No I have not yet tried a new stick (need to get one)
The force is weak, The dark side calling please help!