Description: BPBible is a flexible Bible study tool built on the SWORD API in Python, meaning that it supports Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, generic books, searching and more. A key feature of BPBible is its proximity based searching, providing a more natural search, which can go across verse boundaries. In addition, BPBible Portable updates any references to SWORD module paths on your USB disk/storage device.
Download BPBible Portable 0.3.1 Pre-Release 2 [13.5MB download / 8.6MB installed or 16.5MB with resources]
0.3.1 Pre-Release 2 (2008-09-10):
- Included the following modules as a component: WEB, KJV, StrongsHebrew, StrongsGreek
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the installer
- Did a few other changes in the launcher, removed secondary launching, waiting etc. which are only needed for Live mode (RunLocally)
- We now have DefaultData (so that if the resources are installed, the WEB will be the default text, not the alphabetically first KJV, as the WEB is probably what the ordinary user will prefer)
- Changed help.html references to portableapps.com's generic page
- I think that it's now ready, barring any issues John reckons it should be ready for release Thursday or Friday.
0.3.1 Pre-Release 1 (2008-08-30):
- Up to pre-release! (thanks John!)
- Nice splash screen (thanks John!)
- Rebuilt slightly buggy build, also shrank it a bit.
For older release notes, go to the old BPBible Development Test page.