I was bored and took it as a challenge from here - https://portableapps.com/node/15746
This is the end result, FlashBin. The app runs in the tray and hooks the chosen hotkey. If files or folders have been selected it will prompt to Recycle them. Files on the same drive as the app will be moved to the FlashBin directory, which is configured in the INI file as a relative path to the app directory (omit a leading \), default is FLASHBIN in the same directory as the app. Files on other drives will be Recycled as normal.
The tray icon will show the state of the FlashBin file directory, and monitors the filesystem for realtime updates (I was proud of that :)). Certain 3rd party file managers do not notify the Windows Shell properly about file / directory changes, and will not trigger FlashBin's icon to change.
Download FlashBin 22.214.171.124
- fixes and enhancements
- added "Open FlashBin" and "Empty FlashBin" tray commands
- files / folders are appended with a random sequence of characters when moved
- added customizeable wait time for tweakers
- hopefully mitigated some XP issues
- added customizeable hotkey
- fixed directory move problem
- FlashBin only hooks the chosen hotkey, and will not catch deletes from an app's toolbar, menu, or a right-click -> delete.