You are here

Splash Screen on FF3 Install, Choice Between Fast and Slow USB Drives

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
nicknichols
Offline
Last seen: 15 years 9 months ago
Joined: 2008-09-04 11:30
Splash Screen on FF3 Install, Choice Between Fast and Slow USB Drives

I installed FF3 on my USB drive and the splash screen gave me the option of clicking a setting that worked well with hard drives/fast USB drives and could be turned off for slow USB drives. It also said it could be turned off later and instructions were on the PortableApps site....which I can't find.

So what is it I turn off for FF3 to run better on slower drives and where do I find it? Thanks from a newbie.

John T. Haller
John T. Haller's picture
Online
Last seen: 32 min 18 sec ago
AdminDeveloperModeratorTranslator
Joined: 2005-11-28 22:21
Support

It's on the Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition support page here:
https://portableapps.com/support/firefox_portable#performance

Specifically, the launcher asks if you want to disable Session Restore on first run. It's normally enabled in Firefox but we've found disabling it on slower drives can help a bit with performance issues.

Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!

nicknichols
Offline
Last seen: 15 years 9 months ago
Joined: 2008-09-04 11:30
85% Speed Improvement!!

Thanks John...got about an 85% improvement in speed...I think the other 15% is my USB drive quality. I used all three suggestions listed there. Thanks again! That was a big help! Nick

Log in or register to post comments