New: Blender LTS (Nov 14, 2023), Platform 27 Beta 1 (Nov 26, 2023)
450+ real apps (49GB), 1.1 billion downloads, Please donate.
Now Accepting Wire Transfers, Testing Ad Placements
I REALY WANT A PORTABLE VISUAL BASIC 2008
Sorry mate but Visual Basic isn't open source. PortableApps.com only makes open source apps portable at this stage. Also proprietary software is illegal to port without the expressed permission of the copyright owner. There are many many open source alternatives I'm sure. I dont know the earea that well so likely someone more expreienced will post a better suggestion but just googling I found www.gnavi.org. Anyway Im sure theres better so just wait a few days and the folks heere will make some suggestions. Oh yeah - Welcome to PortableApps.com : )
How Did they make visual basic 6 portable edition then
they didn't, and if such a thing existed, it would be illegal.
But there’s no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Here is a link to it:
[Link removed by moderator RM: Illegal software has no place on these forums. This is your first and only warning.]
He just said it would be illegal! Why did you post it?
iLike Macs, iPwn, However you put it... Apple is better ^_^
"Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world..."
I am difinate that it is illegal to distribute this so I can only tell you how I did it. I have only tried it with 2005 express so try it with 2008.
1. Without running thinstall, on a clean windows install, install windows installer 3.1 FIRST, then install .net framework 2.0 and .net framework 2.0 SP1.
2. Run thinstall and get it to capture an install of Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition.
3. On the program select screen, before the app is compiled, select both vbexpress.exe files. Also tick the box to save the settings on the USB stick not the local hard drive.
4. Download portable .net framework 2.0 from here: [link removed by moderator JTH] (Note to admin: This is legal as it's VMWare that distribute it.)
5. Unzip it and click build.bat (you may have to run it from cmd).
6. Put both the portable Visual Basic and .net framework in the same directory.
7. Create a shortcut of the portable .net framework.
8. Edit the shortcut location to: "File directory/cmd.exe" /c vbexpress.exe /installVSTemplates
9. Run the shortcut.
10. Close VB and cmd.
11. Change the shortcut location to: "File directory/cmd.exe" /c vbexpress.exe
12. Now when you want to run VB just run the shortcut.
If you have any problems then just leave a comment. I am not sure if this works for VB 2008. I have only tested it with VB 2005 Express.
The .NET package you linked to appears to run afoul of the EULA attached to it in that it can only be redistributed sans installer when under an EULA as restrictive or more restrictive as Microsoft's and only with licensee's software that requires it.
As the site you linked to also has software violating trademark law and is linking to a site which has trademark, copyright and open source license violations, them linking to a download can not be seen as a confirmation of legality.
Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!
I need Visual Basic 2008 Express in portable version
Please anybody help me for this program.