Topic Locked: New Version Available
Application: MiniLaunchBar (Beta)
Release notes: This is a complete rewrite of Mini Launch Bar using wxWidgets. Although it brings a lot of advantages in terms of development, it won't make a big difference right now for the end-user since the feature set hasn't really changed.
I'd appreciate if you could give it a try just to see if it works on your computer (I've only tested on my dev machine so far). Any feedback on Vista would be great too.
Description: This an application launcher for PortableApps applications. Rather than organizing the apps as a list like the Windows Start menu, they are organized in a tool bar a bit similar to the Mac OS X dock bar.
You simply need to drop the executable and data folder anywhere on your USB drive and launch it. As long as you are using the standard folder structure (apps in "PortableApps" and documents in "Documents"), it should detect everything automatically.
Feature suggestions and bug reports are also welcome.
Possible names: I'm still looking for a name for this app Below are the current candidates - feel free to let me know your preference(s). Also I'm still open to other suggestions.
- appélaunch (appédock?)
- DockonUSB (or just Dockon?)
- PocketDocker (Only 1 result on google)
- Add or delete a shortcut or a divider by right-clicking on any icon
- Change the properties (name and path) of an icon
- Move the bar by clicking and dragging its border
- Order the icons by clicking and dragging them
- Eject the drive by clicking on the arrow button, and then the eject button
- Doesn't work under Windows 2000?
- On Vista, some icons appear with a red border in the popup menu
Version 0.9.2.179 Beta (2008-10-31):
- Implemented file exclusions (which prevent a file from being automatically added after it has been deleted)
- Documents, Music, Videos and Pictures folders now show up
- Fixed 16-bit icons "missing pixel" bug
- Fixed opening of folders and documents
- Fixed window disappearance when resizing
- Removed error message when PortableApps folder is missing
- Fixed white border problem on 32-bits icons
- Done help file
- Fixed errors when opening folders or documents from the dock
- Done about box
- Added "Add shortcut" button
- Updated polish localization
- Optimized PNG files to make them smaller
Version 0.9.0.3 Alpha (2008-10-30):
- Fixed browse icon
- Fixed rendering issue for icons without an alpha channel
- Fixed localization memory leak
- Use hand cursor on interactive controls
- Exit label on tray icon menu is now visible
- Fixed dependencies to C++ dlls
Version 0.8.5.278 Alpha (2008-10-29):
- Complete rewrite using wxWidgets
- Fixed localization issues where some texts weren't being translated, or controls were overlapping each others
- Added tooltips to buttons
Beta 1 (2008-09-06):
- Support for 16x16 and 32x32 icons
- Config dialog box to change the locale or icon sizes
- Finished French localization
- Improved rendering speed of the interface.
- It's now possible to select a file OR a folder when adding or modifying a shortcut
- Added Multi Launch button (the one with a thunder icon)
- Added "New shortcut" icon
- Added "Minimize" icon
Preview 2 (2008-08-31):
- NEW: The bar can now be resized
- NEW: The application location and dimensions are now saved on close
- NEW: Tooltips on icons
- UPDATE: Disabled animation of drawer for now as it's currently too slow
- UPDATE: Disabled dividers in icon panel as they don't work properly with multiple rows of icons.
Preview 1 (2008-08-30):
- First preview release