I've been searching for a portable folder-tweaking apps. I've used to use modified bat script by cavedeamon (thanks a lot, dude!) and additional coding into the body of desktop.ini myself (like adding font color and stuff)
But it'll really helps if someone can help me making it as bat and portableapps (for compatibility reasons)
It should have at least these features:
- Windows compliant (refer to this article)
- Changing folder icons
- Changing folder font color
- Changing folder background color
- Creating folders tooltips (InfoTips)
- Auto-hiding the created desktop.ini files
- Storing the icon selected as folder icon into the selected folder and hiding it
- Supports relative path
- Batch processing
Most of it can be accomplished by simple script. I even modified the cavedeamon's script to facilitate some of the features, but I can't really make the executables due to lack of software I had and I can't figure out how to make batch processing folder script.
What really bugs me is that winME has all of these features built-in their winExplorer (through customize folder wizard, too bad winXP changed them)
And last thing, please read all of the post before replying!