Application: LiteStep Portable
Description: LiteStep is an alternative WIN32 shell that completely replaces the traditional explorer shell, allowing users to completely customize the look and feel of their desktop.
The portable version allows you to bring all of this with you, and also bring your desktop, including icons, with you.
Please look at the tutorial in \App\Litestep\Tutorial\Tutorial.exe, or by typing "tutorial" in the runbar
Download LiteStep Portable 0.5.1.3b installer [3.6MB download / 12.2+MB installed]
(SHA1 Checksum: 0f41352671544a2c1c16e24571dfd68082d315b2)
Development Test 1 (2009-02-15): Initial release
Development Test 2 (2009-02-16):
- Fixed a few things i forgot about in the initial release
- Now, if you extract it to your portableapps directory, you should not get any errors.
Development Test 3 (2009-02-22):
- Added a (decent) installer
- Added a desktop background
Development test 4 (2009-03-09):
- Deleted an unnecessary and unrelated binary file, shrinking the size significantly
- Fixed the ShellSwitcher to create the settings.ini file if it does not exist (and it won't when the program is first installed)
- Replaced the lslua module with a version that shouldn't require the runtimes, so it will work properly on computers without the runtimes.
Development test 5 (2009-03-23):
- Fixed? appinfo.ini settings.
- Added a splash screen
- Further updates to the tutorial
- Decreased size further by removing duplicate theme switcher
- Fixed Issue 2 and Issue 3
- Added a "forcibly terminate litestep" option to settings.ini to allow you to forcibly terminate litestep if you are having problems
- Added Help.html in portableapp root
- Added shortcuts to the tutorial in the popup and the lsxcommand
- Made portableapps automatically be added as aliases to LSXCommand (E:\PortableApps\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe becomes "firefox")
- Marked as beta