Application: Linux MultiMedia Studio
Description: LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface
- Song-Editor for composing songs
- A Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines
- An easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies
- An FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities
- Many powerful instrument and effect-plugins out of the box
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and full MIDI support
- Import of MIDI and FLP (Fruityloops® Project) files
Download LMMS Portable 0.4.4 [13MB download / 37MB installed]
Known Issues: Does not retain any new settings in .lmmsrc.xml, it will only keep the original startup data. (Need Help Fixing this)
More Info: The wrapper is written in autohotkey, and even though this does create registry entries, they do not seem to be needed by the program so they will be removed only if LMMS does not exist in your "PROGRAM FILES" directory. Also if you wish to have this load any of your project just copy over the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\lmms" to "Data\settings" and it will be recognized. I still have a lot of PAF format specific things to add in but they can be done later, please test out thoroughly and report back anything you might find. So enjoy and any help with the wrapper development would be much appreciated.
LMMS Related BUGS: Report any bugs that you may encounter with LMMS here but if you experience anything related to my portable launcher report them in this post. Im hoping that because of the many members of PA that word will get out more on this program and perhaps more bugs will be picked up, reported and fixed which could then make this program a lot better.