Category: Dock application
Description: Appetizer is an application launcher, or dock, for Windows. Rather than organizing the apps as a list like the Windows Start menu, they are organized in a dock a bit similar to the Mac OS X dock bar.
Release notes: For those who are interested, I've uploaded the PAF file for version 188.8.131.52
- Support for plugins
- Support for multiple skins
- Resizable dock, which allows displaying the icons both horizontally or vertically.
- Three sizes of icons: Small and large
- Organize the icons by drag & dropping them
- 'Multi-launch' functionality
- Regroup multiple shortcuts within one menu
- Support for multiple languages
- Minimize to tray icon functionality
Version 184.108.40.206 (2009-04-12):
- New option to set the window transparency
- Added support for "Printer and Faxes" and "Network Connections" special items
- New plugin: "Close after launching an app"
- Improved plugin system.
- Skin: Added support for tiled background
- Plugins are now disabled by default
- Fixed: Improved support for Vista (installation and saving of settings)
- Fixed: USB hard drives were incorrectly detected as non-removable. As a result, the "Eject" button wasn't shown for these drives.
- Added hungarian localization
- Added italian localization (Massimo Lauria)
- Added Portuguese (BR) language
Version 220.127.116.116 Beta (2008-12-07):
- New: "Reveal target" plugin
- Fixed Windows 2000 crash (missing "SetDllDirectory" function)
- Updated German translation and help file (wk)
- Updated Polish translation (Michal Trzebiatowski)
- Updated French translation and help file
- Added Danish translation (Henrik Agersted)
- Fixed: plugin manager was dispatching events to disabled plugins
- Fixed: Appetizer could crash if two plugins were using the same global object
- Fixed: Appetizer can crash if a plugin tries to use an object that has been deleted
- Fixed: Shortcut Editor Dialog gives focus to "name" field on creation
- Fixed: update detection code didn't run the first time the app was launched
- Fixed: The option panel layout wasn't done correctly if a button was added to it while it was closed.
- Improved: Optimzation for special item icons and folder icons
- Improved: App now tries to detect the system locale the first time the app is launched
- Lua: Better error messages if a script fails to load or if there is an syntax error
- Lua: Exported many new functions