Category: Music & Video
License: GNU GPL
Description: Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting.
Download Avidemux Portable 2.5.5 Dev Test 1 [11MB download / 36MB installed]
2.5.5 Dev Test 1 (2010-09-22):
- Avidemux has been updated to 2.5.5.
- Converted to PAL 2.1.1 (f4f69418c925).
- MRUs still not portable.
- Language switching should now work with and without the menu. If you need to set it manually, use Data\settings\AvidemuxPortableSettings.ini and edit Language=(Glibc locale).
2.5.3 Dev Test 1 (2010-05-28):
- Avidemux has been updated to 2.5.3.
A few things...
- Projects and jobs are now portable (see help) although FindNext seems to be going round twice for jobs. To test: save a couple of jobs and uncomment line 228. Then comment out line 229 to see it work properly (?)
- MRUs still not portable (check the config file).
- I can't see where to download the extra languages. Any ideas?
- AppCompactor didn't seem to want to compress any of the files this time round (?)
2.5.1 Dev Test 1 (2009-08-21):
- Qt version.
I have left AVSProxy in there. I haven't used it so it's NOT TESTED. It does leave the registry key
HKCUwhich the launcher backs up and saves if it's created. By the look of it, I'm assuming it will contain paths so the drive letter will be adjusted in the reg file.
- UPX'ed Avidemux directory (default settings).
- MRU list is still stored in a binary config file which the launcher can't write to.
2.4.4 Dev Test 1 (2009-05-28): Initial release
- Qt version.
- English only, no command line interface, no avsproxy.
- Paths won't follow drive letter as prefs stored in binary config file (can't read/write with text replace).
- No UPX yet.
Tested with: XP SP3 (Admin)