License: GNU GPL
Description: FBReader Portable is the popular FBReader packaged with a PortableApps.com Launcher & has all the same great features including support for ePub & fb2 formats, direct reading from archives, automatic library building, embedded images support, position indicator, text search & full-screen mode.
Download FBReader Portable 0.12.10 Dev Test 4 [4MB download / 13MB installed]
- Upgraded to PAL 2.2 & current spec.
- Support for custom fonts & path portability removed. See notes.
0.12.10 Dev Test 3 (2011-01-30):
- Fixed first run messagebox.
- Removed a lot of redundant code in launcher.
- Fixed search/replace error in CheckRunning
- EDIT 2011-02-11: File is back on SourceForge.
0.12.10 Dev Test 2 (2010-12-09):
- Launcher now supports font customization.
- Location of .FBReader folder now correctly set.
- Default folders set on first-run.
- Improved drive switching.
- Thanks Mark.
0.12.10 Dev Test 1 (2010-04-28):
- FBReader updated to 0.12.10.
- Updated installer language support.
- Disabled 'Open External Links in Default Browser' in 'Options/Web' (clean install only).
- Added SecondaryLaunch/cleanup check.
- Removed app directory, program executable & settings directory INI options.
0.12.2 Dev Test 1 (2010-02-02):
- FBReader updated to 0.12.2.
0.10.7 Dev Test 3 (2009-09-01):
- Added missing languages to installer.
- Fixed "Publisher" in "appinfo.ini".
- Fixed "CreateDirectory $SETTINGSDIRECTORY".
0.10.7 Dev Test 2 (2009-08-27):
- Minor tweak to language switching code.
0.10.7 Dev Test 1 (2009-08-22): Initial release
As the path to the books is contained in an SQL database I've only been able to update the drive letter by the normal method & not the full path (which results in a corrupt database). I know Firefox Portable does this but I haven't been able to adapt it yet so FBReader Portable is "drive", but not "path", portable & DirectoryMoveOK is set to "warn". Any help would be appreciated
It seems that as soon as FBReader encounters a font not present it resets all font customizations. I haven't found a solution so Options/CSS/Always Use My Own Fonts is deselected on every run.
Still a nice lightweight alternative to calibre though
XP Home SP3 (Admin)