[Edit: This thread is outdated, please go look for the new one.
are probably what you want.]
To celebrate the inclusion of Google Chrome Portable in the PortableApps.com official apps list… I’ve, um, started working on it again and fixed all reported bugs, including the theming bug.
I've also fixed a more serious bug that exists in the official version released last night. If you are comfortable with using Development Test builds I recommend you upgrade immediately using the Stable download link below, otherwise hopefully we'll get the official version updated soon.
[Edit: Google just released a new Dev build today which I have updated GCP to use.
If you experience frequent crashes, disable any installed extensions. A fix will likely appear in the next Google Chrome Dev release.]
[Edit 2: Made some changes for John. If you downloaded after I made the first edit this new one won't have anything for you, it just fixes a false AV positive.]
[Edit 3: Updated the Dev build again to *.223.11 which fixes a crash bug when using RSS feed extensions.]
- Merged John Haller's changes into my own source.
- Fixed help links to point to Google Chrome Portable page.
- Pinned PortableApps.com to the new tab page for new profiles.
- Removed "don't set as default browser" release note since we use DefaultData now.
- Chrome occasionally spits out a debug.log in the Chrome-bin folder. This is now cleaned up on close.
- Fixed bug where RunLocally was forced to true.
- Fixed bug where RunLocally would not copy some theme images back on close, causing theming problems.