Description: TopOCR is designed to be simple and user-friendly for use with your digital camera or smartphone. Now wherever you go, you can quickly and easily acquire documents from business cards, newspapers, books and magazines, without having to carry around a bulky and costly portable scanner.
Download TopOCR Portable 3.1 Development Test 10 online [965
KB + 7.72 MB download / 9.3MB installed]
Online Installer: TopOCR Portable is an online installer that will download additional files during setup.
Permission: Permission has been received from TopSoft, Ltd. to make this portable build.
OK, I see how you're doing it, under the circumstances you describe, I certainly have no objections.
Your choice as to location of your script.
Development Test 10 (2010-06-20):
Bug fix: Under Windows Vista and Windows 7, when TopOCR Portable was run without admin rights, a file would be left behind (thanks to xuesheng for the code to fix this!)
Improvement: Deleted languages section from installer.ini
Development Test 9 (2010-06-11):
Bug fix: Under certain circumstances, TopOCR would fail to run. The reason for this is currently unknown, although a problem with the NSIS UAC plugin is suspected. (Thanks to xuesheng for reporting & testing, thanks to Kim_Wood for confirming the fix)
Bug fix: %WINDIR%\TopOCR.ini was left behind due to an improperly written instruction in TopOCR's launcher file
Development Test 8 (2010-06-11):
Bug fix: TopOCR's files weren't extracted properly, making TopOCR Portable unable to start (thanks to RogerL, caglartoklu, and xuesheng for report)
Development Test 7 (2010-06-05):
Improvement: Updated to the latest version of the PortableApps.com Launcher
Improvement: Updated to the latest version of the PortableApps.com Installer
Improvement: Updated to the latest version of the PortableApps.com Format
Development Test 6 (2010-04-08):
Upgraded to the latest version of the PortableApps.com Launcher
Development Test 5 (2010-01-28):
Bug fix: TopOCR Portable would screw up a local install of TopOCR
Development Test 4 (2009-12-23):
Installer is now set to Multilingual, and supports the same 11 languages TopOCR does
Development Test 3 (2009-12-23):
- Changed app category from Graphics & Pictures to Office (thanks to Chris Morgan for report)
- Added code to remove unnecessary NSIS remnants from the TopOCR installer (thanks to Bruce for report)
- Fixed a problem with the ReadMe (thanks to digitxp for report)
Development Test 2 (2009-12-22):
- Help images were missing (thanks to digitxp for report)
- Removed the unnecessary App\DefaultData folder (thanks to digitxp for report)
- Changed app category from Utilities to Graphics & Pictures (thanks to digitxp for report)
- Forgot to add my name to Other\Source\Readme.txt (thanks to digitxp for report)
- Removed Other\Source\AppSource.txt, since TopOCR is closed-source (thanks to digitxp for report)
- Launcher now moves ioSpecial.ini into Data, where it belongs (thanks to digitxp for report)
Development Test 1 (2009-12-22): Initial release