Hello my friends!!
here is a link for an excellent FREE OPEN SOURCE little app !!
[this soft is a top quality sample converter by Jeremy Friesner (Meyer Sound) and it is a very useful and power tool for music producers!!]
From the site
AudioMove is a simple, easy to use GUI-based batch audio file copy-and-conversion program.
You just tell it what files to convert, what format to convert them to, and where to put the output files, and it does it. AudioMove has the following features:
1. Converts from any format that libsndfile can read, to WAV, AIFF, Ogg/Vorbis, or FLAC format
2. Uses libsamplerate for high-quality sample rate conversion to various sample rates (11.025kHz-192kHz)
3. Supports 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit, and 64-bit input and output sample widths
4. Specify files to convert using file requester or drag-and-drop
5. Multithreaded design for faster processing on multiprocessor machines
6. Pipelined dataflow for efficient resource utilization
7. Recursively batch-convert entire directory trees in a single step
8. Conversion-batch sizes may be arbitrarily large (e.g. thousands of files at a time)
9. Can be controlled from the command line (useful for invoking batch conversions from scripts)
10. Files can optionally be converted in-place
11. Stereo and multitrack files can optionally be split into multiple mono files
12. No installation necessary -- just unzip and run
13. Qt-based GUI means AudioMove is portable to most major OS's
14. Open source (GPL); source code is available below
15. SUSE 10.0, MacOS/X and Windows binaries available below for your convenience.