You are here

PTB U3: Date Received Corrupted?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
twitch
Offline
Last seen: 15 years 11 months ago
Joined: 2006-08-21 10:24
PTB U3: Date Received Corrupted?

Issue: Date received is incorrect for a few emails

Configuration: mailserver is comcast.net / POP, 2GB Cruzer Titanium U3

Details: For a few emails, the date received that thunderbird U3 is reporting is incorrect. I had a few emails from 2005 that are showing up as received today??? I got an email yesterday that had the previous day's date on it. What's going on????

When I check the same email through the service provider's webmail it shows the correct date. Outlook shows the correct date. Why is PTB U3 messing up the date received??

John plz help!

John T. Haller
John T. Haller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 9 min ago
AdminDeveloperModeratorTranslator
Joined: 2005-11-28 22:21
TB works that way

If there is no timestamp in a recognizable format in a message, it will interpret it as the date it was opened. This is the way TB works and is not specific to TB for U3 in any way. Remember, TB for U3 includes an unaltered version of TB within it... any bugs in TB are present in TB for U3. Nothing at all I can do about them.

Also, moved to the U3 Apps forum as this is TB for U3, not Thunderbird Portable. (two different programs)

Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!

twitch
Offline
Last seen: 15 years 11 months ago
Joined: 2006-08-21 10:24
Date Corruption - Reloaded

I never opened the 5-6 emails that show up with the current (incorrect) date for 2005 emails. The date corruption appears the next day. I wonder if after the compact & reinit of the app something is getting screwed.

I even tried to remove the mail/comcast/* folder and re-download all the headers&body from POP3. The problem still showed up the next day. I'll try to delete those 5-6 emails that are messing up. Like you said the mail message may have had incorrect headers. Another odd thing. 1 of the emails out of the 5-6 that are date corrupted showed the right date last time. after my experiment last night, that 1 is also date corrupted. My feeling is that if the headers were truly messed up, that 1 should have been messed up prior to my experiment last night aswell.

Please advise. I'd really like to use TB U3 on my Cruzer Titanium.

John T. Haller
John T. Haller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 9 min ago
AdminDeveloperModeratorTranslator
Joined: 2005-11-28 22:21
It's Thunderbird

It's just the way Thunderbird works. When I said opened... I really meant received. It's the date TB received them. The copy of Thunderbird within TB for U3 is completely unaltered so any TB bugs are in TB for U3. There's nothing at all I can do about it. It's just the way TB works. Even if it's showing one way the first time you open it and another the next, it's nothing specific to TB for U3... thus, there's nothing I can fix about it. Any bugs with TB have to be addressed through the standard bug reporting methods.

As a general rule, TB questions not specific to the portableness of it should be asked in the standard TB forums (aka mozillaZine forums).

Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!

Topic locked