Licence: Freeware (Modification allowed - see Licence) - The App is listed on Sourceforge, but downloads are only available via Developer's Site and Source Code is not currently available.
Description: MyCommander is a small, simple and easy to use dual-pane File Manager developed specifically for Windows 7. It also offers a built-in file viewer to view files in hex, binary or text and built-in archive handling: ZIP (read, write).
- Easy navigation
- Based on new API of Windows 7
- Easy access to home folders, Download and Documents
- Copy, move, delete, rename files and folders
- Create, delete, rename junctions, hardlinks, symlinks, mountpoints
- Built in file hex viewer
- New Drag and Drop Support
- Built in archive handling: ZIP (read, write), ISO (create)
- File searching
- Multi rename tool
- Full Unicode support
- Tabbed dual-panel interface - horizontal and vertical
- History list
- Favorite locations
- Change file attributes
- 32bit/64bit support
- Unicode file names everywhere
- Wipe files
- File properties and context menu
- DOS command line
- JumpList: The Windows 7 taskbar provides enhanced functionality for starting programs directly from
the taskbar button by using Jump Lists. You access a Jump List by right-clicking a taskbar button or by
clicking the arrow next to a program in the Start menu.
- Small memory footprint: Small and smart, MyCO uses less of your computer's memory while it's running.
- Integrated Web Search: Searching the Web is a breeze with the search box, just on the right of your
toolbar. Select the search engine of your choice and type what you want to find directly into the box. The
browser width is adjustable so you can make it larger if you need more space.
Developers To Do List:
- Built in FTP client
- Built in SFTP client
- Cloud storage manager
- Instant file transfer
- Folder comparison / synchronization
- Multiple language support
- File searching inside archive
Download MyCommanderPortable_1.1_Development_Test_1_English.paf.exe [791Kb download / 719Kb installed]
Development Test 1 (2011-05-06): Initial release
- 32-bit & 64-bit versions included