New: HomeBank (Sep 03, 2023), Platform 26.2.1 (Sep 17, 2023)
450+ real apps (49GB), 1.1 billion downloads, Please donate.
Jack Haller, Advisor and Father of Our Founder, Has Passed Away
I can't find at the vlc website a reason why vlc 1.1.12 isn't going to be released for windows.
Has anyone picked up clue?
It only fixes a couple specific bugs in HTTP and RTSP, has no new features, and doesn't affect standard usage of the player at all. These bugs could very well be platform-specific, meaning it simply doesn't affect Windows builds.
Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!
Apparently there were some "minor fixes" which affect Win32; I guess they were minor enough that it wasn't worth releasing a Windows build of 1.1.12, or they're just being slow about it, or I suppose they might have other reasons, IDK.
Full Release Notes (AFAICT):
Changes between 1.1.11 and 1.1.12:
* Mac OS X / auhal: multiple fixes for the Digital Audio output (S/PDIF)
including support for OS X Lion
* Multiple fixes and improved synchronization for PulseAudio support
* Support for AC-3 and DTS passthrough with PulseAudio 1.0
* Fix build compatibility with taglib Misc:
* Fix crashes with Japanese locale on OS X
* Minor fixes for Webplugin under Win32, AVI demuxer, smem and AudioScrobbler
* Fix crash in HTTP and RTSP server (stream output or Web interface)
* Update of Breton, Chinese Simplified and Basque
Is there a version 1.1.12 ? I just downloaded version 1.1.11 for Windows and say it's the latest version of VLC!
In other sites for download vlc, there is always VLC version 1.1.11.
Is there this new version?
1.1.12 is NOT a Windows update. It fixes bugs in other operating systems, not in Windows. So there is no need for a new Windows version and 1.1.11 is just fine.
So, again, there is VLC 1.1.12 for Mac and UNIX. There is VLC 1.1.11 for Windows.