Application: TightVNC Viewer
Description: TightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer.
Download TightVNC Viewer Portable [1 MB download / 1.6 MB installed]
- If TightVNCViewerPortable is opened, then a local copy of TightVNC Viewer is opened, they will both share the same settings and logs. Basically, the local app will run just like the portable app as long as the portable app is open.
- If TightVNCViewerPortable is opened, then a local copy of an older version of TightVNC Viewer is opened, unknown issues may arise (no tests were done for this scenerio).
- If any changes have been made since the last release, they can be viewed at the above link.
2.5.2 Dev 1 (2012-JUL-10):
- update to 2.5.2
- add 64 bit version of the app
- add Other/Source directory, as per PortableApps.com specifications
2.5.1 Development Test 5 (2012-05-10):
- run AppCompactor
- move log files instead of the directory they are in, rename the dir they are saved to in the Data dir to logs, create an App\DefaultData dir
2.5.1 Development Test 4 (2012-05-10):
- use %ALLUSERSAPPDATA% instead of %ProgramData%, don't save the dir created there, only delete it if it's empty
2.5.1 Development Test 3.0.1 (2012-05-09):
- delete web dir that was included with app: it is not included with current distribution of TightVNC
- delete reg key if empty, update Homepage and version
2.5.1 Development Test 3 (2012-05-09):
- updated to latest PortableApps.com format
- updated TightVNC to 2.5.1