- Create directory structure ?:\dir1\dir2\dir3
- Install NotepadPlusPlusPortable_6.3.3_Rev_2.paf.exe into ?:\dir1\dir2\Notepad++Portable
- Open Notepad++Portable & open Data\settings\Notepad++PortableSettings.ini in Notepad++Portable
- Close Notepad++Portable
- Open Notepad++Portable again, Notepad++PortableSettings.ini will still be loaded, so MRU is OK
- Move the Notepad++Portable directory either up to dir1 or down to dir3 & open Notepad++Portable. Notepad++PortableSettings.ini is not loaded as path replacement is broken
I haven't found a problem when the drive letter is also changed but I haven't tested every possible scenario either.
Moving the app up or down the folder tree on the same drive results in an incorrect path being written.