I downloaded LibreOffice 4.1.0 standard. PortableApps website indicates the MD5 checksum should be: 06dc8a06c069dac81b0e2a9eae175532 with size= 116MB
I ran two MD5 checker apps against the file and both reported the MD5 checksum is: 75d5fa8c7e39a92412328ff127db5665, with size= 102148832 bytes
Even multiplying 102148832 * 1024 = 1.04600404E11 so the size doesn't match either.
Anyone got any ideas?
You didn't get the whole file. It's 116MB as shown in Windows Explorer directly. Or 118,972,528 bytes if you go into properties. The file you have won't even run.
Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!
Thanks. I figured it out.
I started the download from portableapps.com and it was transferring at 20 Kbps on my 42Mbps FIOS link. Status said it would take over 1.5 hours to do the download.
Downloaded Libre Office 4.1 from Softpedia and it took about 3 minutes to download the 92 MB file. Unfortunately, it appears that the Softpedia version is not the same as the portableapps.com version so the MD5 checksum didn't match.
Went back and downloaded Libre Office 4.1 from portableapps.com - it took almost 2 hours. However, the checksums now match.
Bottom Line is that it appears that folks should only download from portableapps.com - other sites may have files with the same name but they apparently aren't identical files.