Application: Mupen64Plus with winmupen frontend
Description: From the publisher's website:
Mupen64Plus is a cross-platform plugin-based N64 emulator which is capable of accurately playing many games. Included are four MIPS R4300 CPU emulators, with dynamic recompilers for 32-bit x86 and 64-bit amd64 systems, and necessary plugins for audio, graphical rendering (RDP), signal co-processor (RSP), and input. There is 1 included OpenGL video plugin, called RiceVideo. There are 3 other excellent video plugins being maintained by wahrhaft, called Arachnoid, Glide64, and Z64.
- Dynamic recompilers for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (amd64) machines
- Two OpenGL video plugins, with Hi-resolution texture support
- LIRC Infrared remote control support
- Rumble Pak support (Linux only)
- Cheat system with gameshark code support
- Speed adjustment with smooth sound output
- Shared library interface for integration into other systems (front-ends)
- Command-line Front-end application
Download Mupen64Plus Portable 2.5 Dev Test 1 (2.29MB download / 9.56MB installed)
Note: This program requires ROMs of the games it emulates to work correctly. Please do not discuss, ask, or imply ways of obtaining ROMs illegally. If I notice any such activity, I will actively attempt to have you removed from the site. Thank you for your cooperation.
See all release notes at the SourceForge project page
None of the plugins are enabled by default.
The default plugins path comes up as "\Mupen64PlusPortable\App" I think it should be "\Mupen64PlusPortable\App\mupen64plus"
I have not been able to get this running, but I have not tried any third party plugins yet.
That is probably the case. I'm sorry about that. I'll try to have a version up soon.
Updated to 2.0 Dev Test 2. See release notes for details.
Updated to 2.5 Dev Test 1. See release notes for details.