YaCy is a distributed Web Crawler and Web Search Engine without a central server and no censoring possibility. It's a P2P-based index exchange network based on distributed hash tables.
Explicit Web crawls can be done locally or collaboratively, forming a global search and distributed indexing engine for the Web. It also provides a bookmark system, individual Web/servlet page hosting, and a personal file-sharing zone. It is easy to install and has its own database engine.
- This is your web search engine for freedom of information: search requests are anonymous, independend and uncensored
- No central server, no storage of user behaviour
- Set up your own search portal
- Use YaCy to provide a search function for your own web pages
- Host web pages with the built-in http-server
Web site: http://yacy.net/en/index.html
Download installer: http://yacy.net/release/yacy_v1.80_20140916_9000.exe
installer size: 37,6 MB
License: GPL and open source
Source code: https://gitorious.org/yacy/rc1/commits/309d978520b2483e7c51077b2ee245a93...
warning: when You start program wait some moments