wxHexEditor is an open source hex editor for HUGE files. It edit files with size: Multi Giga < Tera < Peta < Exabytes.
- author: Erdem U. Altinyurt
- author home page: http://erdem_ua.users.sourceforge.net/
- web site: http://www.wxhexeditor.org/home.php
- Sourceforge download page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxhexeditor/files/wxHexEditor/v0.23%20Beta/
- Direct download not portable: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxhexeditor/files/wxHexEditor/v0.23%20Be...
- release version: 0.23 Beta
- size download archive: MB 2,3
- license: GPL
- localization: Multilanguage (all european languages + simplified chinese and japanese)
- developed for Windows, Linux x86 and x64, Mac OS X)
- test (with Regshot-2 v188.8.131.52): write to Registry the entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\wxHexEditor"
Features (from web site):
• It uses 64 bit file descriptors (supports files or devices up to 2^64 bytes , means some exabytes but tested only 1 PetaByte file (yet). ).
• It does NOT copy whole file to your RAM. That make it FAST and can open files (which sizes are Multi Giga < Tera < Peta < Exabytes)
• You can work with delete/insert bytes to file, more than once, without creating temp file!.
• Could open your devices on Linux, Windows or MacOSX.
• Memory Usage : Currently ~25 MegaBytes while opened multiple > ~8GB files.
• Could operate with file thru XOR encryption.
-> for all details see to web site