Scan documents to PDF with a single click, using NAPS2
Portable archives available (doesn't require installation)
Free and open source
NAPS2 is completely free to use for both individuals and businesses, and includes no ads or unwanted software. If NAPS2 has helped you, consider making a donation.
1) Easily scan with your chosen settings, or set up multiple profiles for different devices and configurations. Once you've finished scanning, you can save, email, or print with only a couple clicks. Save to PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file types.
2) Compatible with both WIA and TWAIN
3) Choose the driver that works best with your scanner, as well as settings like DPI, page size, and bit depth. Scan from a glass flatbed or an automatic document feeder (ADF), including duplex support.
4) Rotate, crop, and rearrange scanned images
5) Order your pages however you like, including tools to interleave duplexed pages. Easily rotate your pages at right angles, or straighten them at any angle you like. Use image editing tools to crop or change brightness and contrast.
6) Identify text using OCR
7) Search through text included in your PDFs by using optical character recognition (OCR), in any of over 60 languages.
8) Use NAPS2 in your native language. Choose from over 20 different languages. If your language isn't available yet, help translate!
9) Tools for power users and businesses
10) Optional command-line interface (CLI) for automation and scripting
11) MSI installer and application-level configuration available for group policy (GPO) deployment