You are here

OpenOffice.org Portable doesn't change language settings or spellcheck

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
myaccount
Offline
Last seen: 11 years 6 months ago
Joined: 2007-03-04 06:08
OpenOffice.org Portable doesn't change language settings or spellcheck

I'm specifically using OO Writer, but their all kind of the one program anyway.

The Spellcheck says that everything that has alphanumeric digits is a word.

I went to:
Tools->Options->Language Settings->Writing Aids
and pressed the edit button for the 'avaliable language modules'.
The language was set to Czech. I changed it to English(UK), but this didn't
save as the new setting. I tried English(USA) as well since an earlier setting
was English(USA) or Default - I thought USA might be the main one to be made
or something.
I don't know if this is to do with my spelling problem, but it may be a reacurring problem for other people too.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Especially if it is for my Spellcheck.

myaccount
Offline
Last seen: 11 years 6 months ago
Joined: 2007-03-04 06:08
Thanks anyway?

Me again - myaccount. My spellchecker seemed to start working today. I've been using OO Writer since I installed the program (which was when I got the problem), and the spellchecker just started working when I opened it today. The user defined dictionaries and avaliable languages haven't changed. I really don't know what happened, but it seems to be working.

If you want to see something philisophical or something, don't look this space.

myaccount
Offline
Last seen: 11 years 6 months ago
Joined: 2007-03-04 06:08
Same Old

OP here. I'm back to the original problem - spellchecker and language settings. I'm used to having software that's pretty buggy, like Windows XP for example, which is why I use mostly open-source software. Anyways, the short of it is that OO-Math stopped displaying words and icons in the menu, etc. -> I could read format, but if I clicked the menu button, it would drop down blank buttons. They worked fine I think, but I couldn't be sure if the button I clicked was meant to pop-up the insert greek symbol window. Because of this I re-installed OO.o Portable to try and fix my problems (not exactly the best tactic for fixing things). The end result is that I'm back where I started.
Don't really care that much about someone helping me, but I figured I should let you guys know about the bug, or whatever it was. or 'is'.

If you want to see something philisophical or something, don't look this space.

vicanguera
Offline
Last seen: 14 years 2 months ago
Joined: 2007-04-24 13:02
Try it

Try this, it works for me
File > Wizards > Install new dictionaries

Jchord
Offline
Last seen: 14 years 6 months ago
Joined: 2007-06-02 07:15
Thanks

I had the same problem and that fixed it!

Thanks,
John Berube

Thanks,
John Berube

Log in or register to post comments