The PortableApps.com Platform uses the USB Disk Ejector utility internally to handle safe ejects of USB drives. It's a solid open source utility with years of work behind it. Unfortunately, version 1.3.x of the utility, while fixing some issues, has caused issues for some of our Windows XP users in the past. Most recently, we tried upgrading it in the Platform 14.0 release but had to revert back the old 1.1.2 disk ejector in Platform 14.1.
In preparation for the next platform release, I'd like to see if the new 126.96.36.199 version of the USB disk ejector utility is working for the Windows XP users that were affected by the drive issues previously. If you'd like to help out, please do the following:
1. Browse to the PortableApps\PortableApps.com\App\Bin directory and rename eject.exe to eject_original.exe
2. Visit the USB Disk Ejector website and click the download button at the bottom of the page (you may need to dismiss the cookie notice to see it) and then click download again on the next page.
3. Open USBDiskEjector188.8.131.52.zip and extract the USB_Disk_Eject.exe file
4. Place USB_Disk_Eject.exe in your PortableApps\PortableApps.com\App\Bin directory and rename it to eject.exe
5. Now try running the platform's eject feature on your Windows XP machine
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with this.
UPDATE 2017-06-08: Publisher released 184.108.40.206, updated topic and added new comment calling for new testing
UPDATE 2017-12-04: Publisher released 220.127.116.11, updated topic and added new comment calling for new testing