I've been trying out some apps in the portable apps suite on a laptop and on an USB thumb drive for a while.
Here's some feedback/requests concerning the PortableApps Menu (which perhaps has be said before, but if so might be worth emphasizing):
- option to disable fade out when not focused
- add tray icon context menu with an option to close the menu
- allow minimal mode: no padded red skin, one column of options (only text in small type, no icons) and one column of links to apps. It needn't be much wider than the start button in Win XP really.
- some method(s) to add many apps much quicker and silently: drag and drop some paf.exe onto (part of) the menu or onto StartPortableApps.exe or through command line or...
- option: allow only one instance. Running StartPortableApps.exe again when it's already running should then only show the current menu (if it's minimized)