You are here

SOLVED: Problems opening tabs after upgrade from 54.0 to 55.0.2 or 55.0.3 italian version.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
luitos
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 2008-05-26 21:15
SOLVED: Problems opening tabs after upgrade from 54.0 to 55.0.2 or 55.0.3 italian version.

With version 54.0 I worked quietly with two windows, for a total of 59 tabs open.
With that version, I closed and restarted Firefox portable edition with all the tabs listed, without any problems.
But after upgrading to either italian v.55.0.2 or v.55.0.3, some cards disappear or rather reopen but no longer load contents because they have lost the URL and remain open as new tabs.
To be able to work with all 59 open tabs again, I had to make a version downgrade and restore the file sessionstore.js.
What's the problem ?

John T. Haller
John T. Haller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
AdminDeveloperModeratorTranslator
Joined: 2005-11-28 22:21
Just Firefox

We don't make any changes to the way Firefox itself functions, so anything with tab handling is within its purview. It's possible you have an extension affecting things. Knowing what URLs you have issues with may allow others to assist.

Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!

luitos
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 2008-05-26 21:15
I reduced to 47 tabs for 1

I reduced to 47 tabs for 1 windows, before i re-upgrade but nothing.
I had to downgrade again.
I will reduce again the open tabs but i am worried for the future.
I have always the same extensions.
I'll let you know.

luitos
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 2008-05-26 21:15
Better late than never.

Better late than never.
After several and occasional tests, I finally find the time to share the cause of the problem: this is due to some Firefox plugins installed.
In fact, I have restored all open tabs and disabled all installed plugins.
When you restart Firefox, all the tabs have reopened.
Now, it's all about finding out which of the plugins was causing the problem.
But this will be seen as I reactivate individual plugins,one at a time, if necessary.
Anyway, for me solved.

Log in or register to post comments