DiscordPortable is a portable version of the popular Discord application. It's an all-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.
I was given permission by Discord Inc. to continue with developing this project. However, they will not be able to officially endorse this project because, "...we do not have a hand in development directly." They go on to say..
"As a result, if they happen to be released, we recommend to all of our users to be cautious when using third party applications with Discord in general and any usage is at their own risk."
This is packaged with the current release of Discord v0.0.298. The cool thing with this PAF is it is self-sustaining and when Discord updates automatically, so does the PAF package as well.
- Runs the full Discord desktop app.
- Optional junctions (syslinks) support | set this in the user config file. Requires admin rights.
- If junctions are disabled falls back on moving file/folders | does not require admin rights.
- Self-sustaining; no need to update this package as it should update itself.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later.
- At least v4.5 of the .NET Framework
For additional information refer to the ReadMe file on the GitHub project page.
Download Discord Portable v0.0.298-Rev. 4 from GitHub Releases (38.4 MB)
- MD5: 41407DA1760AF2C1AE638AF54AEBA6A7
- CRC32: 084F4477
New Updates/Features Added in Revision 4
- Updated launcher code for better support on program version.
- Fixed an issue where the portable settings weren't restored on exit.