I have a request Can you make GeForce NOW as a portable app, please? The whole service is quite new, not too many ppl still know about it but it's an absolute awesome (until you have a high speed internet connection and low ping). All games are running in the cloud but app requires administrator rights in order to install it Is there anything you can do about it?
Download from: https://download.nvidia.com/gfnpc/GeForceNOW-release.exe
I've been looking for any solution. The one from this thread worked, but not anymore (6th post) - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1034793/pc/geforce-now-portable/
BTW. I am a brand new user here but ain't new to the PortableApps. For couple of years I've been using few programs here and there. Many thanks to all developers for your time and effort
Yes, it's the same thread you checked before, but me and a few others found an updated solution.
Seems as though they pushed an update to render this useless.
Thanks for replying. I downloaded it and tried run it but still asks for admin password :/
It seems like they're pushing updates now. When I uploaded the installer, it didn't, but I'm assuming that it checks for required updates when installing, and they finally pushed a forced update. You can basically ignore my former message.
HOWEVER (edit edition):
Not sure (atm) if this method still works, but I'll post a "for dummies" step-by-step:
1. Install geforce now on a computer that you have admin permissions on (at home?)
2. After installing, find the installation folder (look up NVIDIA Corporation in file explorer)
3. Copy the WHOLE installation folder to a flash drive
4. Plug the flash drive into the computer you are trying to install GFN on (no admin privileges)
5. Open Windows File Explorer
6. Type %AppData% into the file directory path
7. Click the 'Local' tab
8. Copy the WHOLE installation folder from the flash drive into the directory you just opened.
(Credit to austink76016 and WoopityScoop on nvidia geforce forums)
EDIT1: Some school/library/work computers may restrict accessing the appdata folder, if this is true, I'm afraid you're out of options for the time being.
Feel free to reply with any questions!