The PortableApps.com Platform works okay with dark OS themes, but it could use a bit of love:
- When right clicking on the PAP icon in the system tray, most of the default icons are black on black (or dark).
- In the main PAP popup, the icon next to "All Portable Apps" is black on black.
- In the main PAP popup, many of the icons within the menus are black on black.
- In the main PAP popup, the color used for the names of each app appears to be rgb(255, 255, 255). I recommend something more like rgb(215, 215, 215) for use with dark themes.
- In the "Download New Portable Apps" window, the header is super bright for a dark theme. It would be good to invert the color scheme currently used.
- In the "Download New Portable Apps" window, the folder icon next to each group heading has no alpha channel, therefore it looks pretty bad with dark OS themes.
- The window that pops up when uninstalling an app (and if there is an error uninstalling an app) can be very hard to read when using a dark theme (light gray text on white).
- I think the window that is shown when updating apps has a very bright header, but I can't quite recall, and I don't have any apps that need updating right now, so I'm not 100% sure.
I tested all this using the "PortableApps.com Modern Dark" theme and a custom Windows 7 dark theme with Aero disabled.