You are here

FFMPeg not loaded by Audacity

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Largo
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 2021-10-17 03:59
FFMPeg not loaded by Audacity

Hi,
Installed audacity 3.0.5 portable edition
downloaded FFMPeg 2.2.2 and put all files in
C:\PortableProgramFiles\Audacity\App\FFMPeg

I launch audacity and tried to import a AAC audio file. Audacity says I don't have FFMPeg.

edit->preferences->library says FFMPeg libary not found
i used the button to manually locate the avcodec-55.dll and save it.
but I won't take it, no error message, no happy message. just no change.
I restart the app several times, resetting each time the FFMPeg libary to no avail.

I found a file called AudacityPortable.ini and it contains this section:
[FileWrite3]
Type=INI
File=%PAL:DataDir%\Portable Settings\audacity.cfg
Section=FFmpeg
Key=FFmpegLibPath
Value=%PAL:AppDir:DoubleBackslash%\\FFmpeg\\avformat-55.dll

In file: audacity.cfg
I found this section:
[FFmpeg]
FFmpegLibPath=C:\\PortableProgramFiles\\Audacity\\App\\FFmpeg\\avformat-55.dll
Enabled=0

I changed Enabled from 0 to 1, it didn't fix the issue,
I did tools-> reset configuration, re-install ffmpeg, it didn't fix the issue,
I deleted audacity portable and installed it again somewhere else, re-install ffmpeg, didn't fix the issue,

what am I doing wrong?

Flaco
Flaco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 2021-10-22 10:04
Same here...

Hi Largo, I have your same issue.

I managed to find the sections you talk about and tried to change that Enabled from 0 to 1. With Audacity closed, it kind of does something, Audacity tells me that FFmpeg was previously configured and loaded, but this time it didn't manage to.

Curious thing is I left the audacity.cfg file open in Notepad++ (Portable lol) and it detected that the file was not available anymore, since the moment I opened Audacity, as if Audacity edits it or deletes it, without any Preferences change from my side inside the program. It does it all by itself.

I reopen the cfg file again and the Enabled value got back to 0.

It's really frustrating since it's such a simple task and yet it seems so hard to make it work...

Log in or register to post comments