Tile World is like the old game Chip's Challenge that was most commonly known as part of the Best of Windows Entertainment Pack. So, I ended up finding Tile World, a very good open source remake, so I decided to make it portable. It doesn't seem to leave any reg entries. So i just wrote a very simple launcher for it using John's launcher for Brutal Chess. There's still some things I'd like to add in if you see the To Do List.
You can download it here
- Add in correct install size
- Add in correct version number
- Make and add in a splash screen
- Make it so more than one instance is not allowed
- Fix any bugs that are found
- Change icon and text in self-extractor
- Change the Readme under TilerWorldPortableSource
If you own the original Chip's Challenge, you can add in the level set of it (Which is a .dat file I believe) to TileWorldPortable\App\TileWorld\Sets.
Edit:I've decided I'm going to add in the Chips Challenge Level Pack 2 in the next release, it's a level set closest to the original Chip's Challenge level set.
And if you read the readme under the App\TileWorld folder, it has the link to a yahoo group which has many more level sets availible for download.