7-Zip ZS is a 7-Zip fork with extra codecs with high compression ratio.
The extra codecs for the compression algorithm are:
• Zstandard v1.5.4 is a real-time compression algorithm, providing high compression ratios. It offers a very wide range of compression / speed trade-off, while being backed by a very fast decoder.
• Brotli v.1.0.9 is a generic-purpose lossless compression algorithm that compresses data using a combination of a modern variant of the LZ77 algorithm, Huffman coding and 2nd order context modeling, with a compression ratio comparable to the best currently available general-purpose compression methods. It is similar in speed with deflate but offers more dense compression.
• LZ4 v1.9.4 is lossless compression algorithm, providing compression speed at 400 MB/s per core (0.16 Bytes/cycle). It features an extremely fast decoder, with speed in multiple GB/s per core (0.71 Bytes/cycle). A high compression derivative, called LZ4_HC, is available, trading customizable CPU time for compression ratio.
• LZ5 v1.5 is a modification of LZ4 which was meant for a better ratio at cost of slower compression and decompression. It's superseded by Lizard now..
• Lizard v1.0 is an efficient compressor with fast decompression. It achieves compression ratio that is comparable to zip/zlib and zstd/brotli (at low and medium compression levels) at decompression speed of 1000 MB/s and faster.
• Fast LZMA2 v1.0.1 is a LZMA2 compression algorithm, 20% to 100% faster than normal LZMA2 at levels 5 and above, but with a slightly lower compression ratio. It uses a parallel buffered radix matchfinder and some optimizations from Zstandard. The codec uses much less additional memory per thread than standard LZMA2.
• File Hash calculator: XXH-64, XXH-32, BLAKE2sp, CRC-32, or CRC-64.
• you can create an encrypted archive that is protected with a password, encrypt the file names, select the preferred update mode, split to volume, create SFX and choose the path mode.
• Codec Plugin for Total Commander.
• Codec Plugin for Far Manager.
• can be used from the context menu
• can be used from the UI and includes some expanded menu items as well.
• License: open source (LGPLV2)
• Works on: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
• Release date: February 27, 2023
• Installer size 32 bit: 2.56 MB
• Installer size 64 bit: 2.84 MB
• author's name: Tino Reichardt https://github.com/mcmilk
• GitHub project page: https://github.com/mcmilk/7-Zip-zstd
• GitHub download page: https://github.com/mcmilk/7-Zip-zstd/releases
• direct download 32 bit installer: https://github.com/mcmilk/7-Zip-zstd/releases/download/v22.01-v1.5.4-R4/...
• direct download 64 bit installer: https://github.com/mcmilk/7-Zip-zstd/releases/download/v22.01-v1.5.4-R4/...
• Total Commander plugin: https://github.com/mcmilk/7-Zip-zstd/releases/download/v22.01-v1.5.4-R4/...
• Softpedia: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/7-Zip-ZS.shtml
• MajorGeeks: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/7_zip_zs.html
• working program: https://camo.githubusercontent.com/81c0d92cf522640206f897384f92466e23a87...
• add to archive #1 (compression level): https://camo.githubusercontent.com/bbedfdf1026f7e458f07a241c1d0f6d39bad4...
• add to archive #2 (compression method): https://camo.githubusercontent.com/de366f7cd563e5c546b2442127d70a0e60315...
• Checksum information: https://camo.githubusercontent.com/4f880842063a3717284a2a3dea80d0fe481e1...
• Options (serttings): https://camo.githubusercontent.com/7f0a4d890093f0536b83716fd623d2e8805ee...