This summer, I'm planning to dedicate a fairly large portion of time to learn more with the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System
My the end of the summer, I hope to have done a little (big) project I'll be working on, it's called "Ubuntification". What it is is it will be a NSIS Installer Package that will change and patch many things on your Windows XP Operating System.
The resources I'm using are:
- vertigosity's Super Turbo Tango Patcher
- FioreSSj's Human Theme For Windows
- The Cursors included in the Human Theme Pack, or nordlicht's Ubuntu "Human" Cursors
- Offical, and open-source Ubuntu wallpaper deriatives
- Gnome, and open-source Ubuntu screensavers
- Additional little gadgets and software that will add to the Ubuntification
- Official Ubuntu font, and perhaps that SegoeUI, though I'm not sure that the licensing is like
Everything's GPL, cept a couple things like One of the screensavers, which is Creative Commons, and some of the Super Turbo Tango Patcher. But it's still all open source. So, here are the features I need, some which I'm not sure are possible with NSIS. If the feature is possible, and you know where the page is on the NSIS site, could you link me, and if it requires a plug-in, again link, and if it's not possible, do you have an alternative. Otherwise, I will try and figure everything out myself, I just wanna make sure this is possible first.
Features I'm Looking For
- Have Options For What To Install
- Have Wallpaper Copied To Location
- Have Theme Copied To Location
- Have Screensaver Copied To Location
- Have Fonts Copied to Location And Install Quietly
- Have The Install Quietly Use A .inf File To Install The Cursors
- Have The Installer Quietly Execute And Automaticially Run The Automatic uxtheme.dll Patcher-Possible?
- Have Shortcuts Created And Copied From Various Locations
- Have Files Copied To the My Docuents Folder
- Have The Installer Execute The Super Turbo Tango Patcher At The End of Install
- Prompt Saying Reboot Required, and Then Reboot When Accepted To
- Any Chance Of Automaticially Creating Toolbars?
That's basicially it all, there's a few more things I have in mind, but it's all Copying and stuff.
I really would like to know about Prompting for Reboot, and silently running the uxtheme.dll Patcher. Any chance? Thanks in advance.