Actions taken before using Portablizer:
* Installed OpenOffice Portable to C:\PortableApps\OpenOfficePortable. Result = Open Office runs but as expected wizards cannot be used due to lack of Java.
* Installed Java (using default) to C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01 Result = all files installed as expected with no error messages.
* PC rebooted. This was not requested or required by the installation but conducted just in case.
When using Portablizer
* Default location used = C:\PortableApps\CommonFiles\Java
* Each time Java_Portablizer_1.0.paf.exe is run it generates the following error message:
"The Java Portablizer was unable to find a copy of Java installed on the local machine. Please install a copy of Sun Java 1.5 or higher and run the portablizer again."
Actions taken after unsuccessful use of Portablizer
* Check variable %ProgramFiles%. Result = C:\Program Files
* Install other Java dependent app Freemind. Result = finds installed Java and runs successfully.
Am I missing something obvious?