A new name so a new post. I thought PMenu was kinda dull so i renamed it to ViMenu.
Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ec5vmj or http://www.mediafire.com/?4i723jtmubb
Source code: http://www.sendspace.com/file/e1is3b or http://www.mediafire.com/?8vze2jwnbxb
A theme pack: (they can be found separately on the location below)
ViMenu requires the .NET Framework to be installed in order to run.
- Fix 120 DPI bug
- Allow for the button names and paths to be configurable.
- Allow for the program used to search to be configurable, as well as the address to which it searches.
- Option to disable the fade effect when minimizing to tray
- Always show tray icon and never the taskbar item
- Allow theming (background, mouseover pictures)
- ".locale" support or anything alike
- A manner of getting rid of the programs/documents location path and instead only showing the filename and icon in the list
- Change the PMenu icon (I'd be very grateful to anyone that is willing to make me or provide me one)
- Add eject script
- Show folder structure instead of only files
- Create a Help file
Themes can be downloaded from the ViStart Skin forum
Credit goes to the creators!
How to switch between themes:
- Download the skin pack of your choice
- Extract the downloaded pack
- Place the theme folder in the folder "Themes"
- Start ViMenu
- Click the little arrow next to the minimise button
- Select your preferred theme
- Close and restart ViMenu
ViMenu 126.96.36.199 changelog:
*ViMenu will now store its settings in 2 ini files instead of using the registry
ViMenu 188.8.131.52 changelog:
*Added RSS Reader. ViMenu will show the Portable Apps News Feed by default. The feed can be changed in the Options though.
*Icons of files/programs are now shown in the list.
*You can now only have one ViMenu open at a time.
ViMenu 184.108.40.206 changelog:
*ViMenu is now COMPLETELY portable. It will leave no traces whatsoever and stores it settings in a registry file called "settings.reg" which will be imported when the program starts and exported and deleted when the program is closed. ViMenu will also cleanup the traces left by it's previous versions.
*Fixed error when opening the "Options" dialog
ViMenu 220.127.116.11 changelog:
*Added Buttons rollover effect
*ViMenu will now get the icon of the program for the Firefox Portable and Thunderbird Portable Buttons
ViMenu 18.104.22.168 changelog:
*Added Customizability for the Firefox Portable and Thunderbird Portable buttons
*Added Option to Autorun an app on ViMenu start
*Some small fixes and enhancements
ViMenu 22.214.171.124 changelog:
*Added Firefox Portable as default webbrowser
*Added Thunderbird Portable as default email program
*Easier Userimage switching (added this into the "Options")
*Fixed the "Buttons rollover"-bug
*The Search function will now use Firefox Portable as your default browser instead of the computers default
*Added the option to eject drive on close (it will show the "Safely remove hardware"-dialog)
*Fixed "Customize button 6"-problem
Older changelogs can be found here
Please post comments, suggestions and bugs.