Many of the most common issues that arise when using Miranda IM Portable are addressed here. Please read through the various topics to see if any of them address your question. You can also post a message on the Miranda IM Portable Support Forum.
<< Return to Miranda IM Portable
Miranda IM Portable-Specific Issues
- Installing Miranda IM Portable
- Using Miranda IM Portable
- Upgrading Miranda IM Portable
- Copying You Local Miranda Settings to Miranda IM Portable
- Running From CD (Miranda IM Portable Live)
- Version History
General Miranda IM Issues
Installing Miranda IM Portable
To install Miranda IM Portable, just download the portable package at the top of the Miranda IM Portable page and then double-click it. Select the location you wish to install to and click OK. That's all there is to it.
Using Miranda IM Portable
To start up Miranda IM Portable, just double-click MirandaPortable.exe file where you installed Portable Miranda on your portable drive. Then, use it just like you would a local copy of Miranda. There are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Stay Safe - When using portable apps, it's always a good idea to practice Safe Portable App-ing.
- Removing Your Drive - When you're done, exit Miranda and then wait for the activity light on your removable drive to stop flashing. Then select the 'Safely remove [device]' option from the icon in the system tray. If you remove the drive while it is writing, you may lose data.
Upgrading Miranda IM Portable
To upgrade to a newer version of Miranda IM Portable, just download a new copy and install it right over your current copy.
Copying Your Local Miranda Settings to Miranda IM Portable
If you're using a local copy of Miranda, you may wish to just copy your local settings right into Miranda IM Portable. Your local Miranda settings are usually installed in C:\Program Files\Miranda\ Just copy the profiles (ending in .dat) to your MirandaPortable\data\profiles directory.
Running From CD (Miranda IM Portable Live)
Miranda IM Portable supports running from a CD right out of the box, and it's a snap. Start off by downloading and installing Miranda IM Portable to your hard drive... it doesn't matter where. Run it at least once to generate the default settings. Then, customize it as needed, being sure not to move MirandaPortable.exe or any of the other critical files. Next, download MirandaPortable.ini and save it to the same directory as MirandaPortable.exe. Then, burn the whole MirandaPortable directory to a CD and you're ready to go.
- 0.6.8 - March 14, 2007
- Updated to 0.6.8
- 0.6.7 - February 9, 2007
- Updated to 0.6.7
- Vista compatible
- Improved registry handling
- PortableApps Format packaging
- 0.5 - August 14, 2006
- Updated to 0.5
- Live CD Support
- In-Place Upgrade Support
- WINE Support
- 0.4.0.3 Beta - April 17, 2006
- Updated to 0.4.0.3
- 0.4.0.2 Beta - January 27, 2006
- Initial public release based on 0.4.0.2