JkDefrag Portable 3.36 Rev 2 has been released. It's an easy to use disk defragmenter and optimizer packaged as a portable app so you can defragment and optimize your hard drives on the go. It includes a custom, easy-to-use interface to give you more control while still keeping everything simple. This release adds more-automated admin support and a greatly-improved launcher and installer. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Fast operation
- 64-bit support
- Can defragment very full harddisks
- Can defragment very large files
- Custom made GUI for ease of use
- Allows the selection of any combination of drives
- Displays fragmentation percentage after analyzing
- Disabled flash media by default to discourage users
- Ability to run from a user account by prompting for an admin username and password
JkDefrag's successor, MyDefrag, is closed source; so is not a direct successor in many respects. We will have it available in portable form shortly but will continue to make the open source JkDefrag available as well.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
JkDefrag Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Platform including the Menu and Backup Utility.
JkDefrag Portable is available for immediate download from the JkDefrag Portable homepage. Get it today!