JkDefrag Portable is an easy to use disk defragmenter and optimizer with lots of great features:
- Fast operation
- 64-bit support
- Can defragment very full harddisks
- Can defragment very large files
- Custom made GUI for ease of use
- Allows the selection of any combination of drives
- Displays fragmentation percentage after analyzing
- Disabled flash media by default to discourage users
- Ability to run from a user account by prompting for an admin username and password
Defragmenting Flash Drives: Flash media has specifically been excluded from the drive list as flash drives should not be defragmented (it does not increase access speed and shortens the life of the drive). If you wish to enable it anyway, copy the .ini file from Other\Source to the root JkDefragPortable directory and set EnableFlashDrives=true.
Later Releases: JkDefrag's successor, MyDefrag, is closed source; so is not a direct successor in many respects.