Description: WinPT is "A graphical taskbar front-end for GnuPG with integrated key management and the ability for file and clipboard encryption." WinPT Portable uses GnuPGPortable.nsh as described in this thread to portablize GnuPG dependencies. WinPT requires an installation of GnuPG. My GnuPG Portable 1.4.10 Dev Test 14 is highly recommended.
Download WinPTPortable 1.4.2 Dev Test 6[1.6MB download/2.2MB installed]
(MD5: 1964A588E7C3136B63A9BD740B6106F5 )
1.4.2 Development Test 6 (2009-09-03):
- Update--Installer built with PA.c Installer 0.91.7
- Update--Updated to WinPT 1.4.2
Development Test 6 (2009-06-24):
- Update--Installer built with PA.c Installer 0.91.4
Update--Updated to WinPT version 1.4.1
NOTE:1.4.1 fixes a problem with utf-8 passphrases. If you have used any prior version of WinPT (portable or not) with an utf-8 passphrase then refer to the file \WinPTPortabl\App\WinPT\8Bit-Passphrase.txt for directions on how to transition your files and or keys
- Update--WinPT has started including .sig files for all critical files. Repacking these files would only save a few hundred KB and would invalidate the .sig files. To respect the original author's efforts to provide authentication of binaries these files have been left unaltered.
Development Test 5 (2009-04-23):
- Updated installer to 0.13.3
Updated WinPT to 1.3.2 read changelog here
Includes fixes from 1.3.1 which was skipped for portablization due to launch problems.
- Updated the launcher code. No longer uses a default .reg or .ini
- New WinPTPortable.ini option DisplayPaths. true by default. Causes WinPTPortable.exe to report what GPG.exe and keyring paths it will use before it launches WinPT so the user can confirm or cancel.
- Compacted with AppCompactor.
- New readme.txt in the source folder.
- WinPT.exe supports Russian and German automatically so russian and german launcher language files have been included for compiling to these languages.
Development Test 4 (2009-01-02):
- Updated WinPT to version 1.3.0
- Updated PortableApps.comInstaller to 0.10.4.0
- Compiled against GnuPGPortable.nsh Dev Test 9
Development Test 3 (2008-03-27):
- Recompiled against GnuPGPortable.nsh Dev Test 3
- include for GnuPGPortable.nsh now points to CommonFiles (thanks for the idea rab040ma.)
Development Test 2.3 (2008-02-27):
Development Test 2.2 (2008-02-15):
Development Test 2 (2008-02-13): changed to use GnuPGPortable.nsh instead of GnuPGPortable.exe
Development Test 1 (2008-02-08): Initial release
Timo Schluz is back working on WinPT after a two year hiatus. His time is contributed to this project on a limited basis so please be patient. And if you find this program useful please send him your appreciation.
I will also be monitoring his rss feed, so as new versions come out I will be updating the portable package.