Description: Code::Blocks is a C++ IDE with support for multiple compilers. Support for automatic detection of MinGW Portable is included.
Download Code::Blocks Portable 10.05 Development Test 1 [17.8MB download / 35.2MB installed]
Note: This DOES NOT include any compilers. If you want compilers, try installing MinGW. That package will be automatically included and detected by Code::Blocks Portable if it's there (at least on first run, I think it should work if added later). Also in the future I'll see if I can create a wxWidgets addon package for wxWidgets development. It may be a bit big though.
- Support for multiple compilers: GCC (MinGW or GNU GCC), MSVC++, Borland C++ 5.5, and more. MinGW is probably the only officially supported compiler for Code::Blocks Portable, though others should work without too much difficulty.
- Fast custom build solutions: with Code::Blocks, there's no need for makefiles - you can do it all through it's easy-to-use interface.
- Imports other projects: MS Visual C and Dev-C++ projects and workspaces can be imported.
- Powerful debugging: Code::Blocks interfaces GNU GDB for debugging, it fully supports complex breakpoints, can disassemble code, can watch variables, can view stacks, make dumps, read CPU registers, and lots more.
- Easy editing: customizable syntax highlighting, with code folding, code completion, class browser, smart indenting, even a TODO manager, and quite a bit more.
- Plugins: Code::Blocks supports extension by plugins, and Code::Blocks Portable will work with any known plugins.
Big logo, current splash screen (suitable for extension by us)
10.05 Development Test 1 (2010-11-19):
- Redesigned launcher (using PAL 2.1 Beta 1 with a small quantity of custom code for adding MinGW if it's there and selecting the personality from user config)
- Updated Code::Blocks from 8.02 to 10.05. Opted to include all plugins (increases size by 10MB when uncompressed - possibly 7-8MB when compressed - over the default plugin set)
- Updated PAF spec compliance, etc.
8.02 Development Test 2 (2009-03-24):
- Taken over by me (with permission)
- New system of settings storage - gets everything right now
- Completely rewritten launcher
- Support for MinGW Portable
- New and better icon
- Latest PAF specs
Development Test 1 (2008-07-10): Initial release, by ZachHudock