Outdated: please go the newer topic to get this.
Category: genealogy software
Short description: GRAMPS is a Free Software Project for Genealogy, offering a professional genealogy program, and a wiki open to all. It is a community project, created, developed and governed by genealogists.
So what can it do:
- brings it's own Python and GTK environment
- adjust drive letter in settings
- no data left on host pc (actually none is even copied)
- default settings are copied on first start
- true to PortableApp.com folder structure
- autodetect language of PortableApps.com and switches Gramps language (english and german only right now)
What it can't do (yet?):
- can't work with common GTK or Python
- can't work with GTK-Legacy for Win98
- should switch more languages
- whatever problems you find
A little more information in my related blog entry.
(Easy on me if I've done anything wrong. Missed any necessary link in this post? Not allowed to link blog? I'll edit, just drop me a line...)
[link to blog fixed by mod Tim ]