[outdated] Google Earth 5.x Portable Dev Test 8
Pyromaniac Homepage) - June 12, 2010 - 10:25pm
Outdated: This current thread is outdated. You can find the latest development test over here.
Application: Google Earth
Download Google Earth Portable Development Test 8
Online Installer: This is an online installer which will download the addition files during setup. Because of the extraction process, the GoogleEarthPortable folder will increase to 170 MB during installation, then go back down to 82 MB. If your almost out of space on your drive, I suggest you install to your desktop and then copy it over to your USB drive.
September 12, 2010: Rewrote launcher with PAL. Added splash. Renamed app to Dev Test 7. (Hopefully) the launcher now deletes the empty folders is creates in Vista/7. TEMP files now removed.
August 5, 2010: I fixed the problem with the INI file making the launcher freak out. I had mixed up the paths in my launcher and INI file. Also, in some tests, it looked like it was case sensitive (for example, I ran the launcher with the INI file having the GoogleEarthExecutable=GoogleEarth.exe and that did not work, but when I set it to googleearth.exe, it worked. IDK why thats happening, but I fixed it. Setting StoreCaches=true now works. I need some testers on Vista/7 to see if the files are still left behind. I tried to gain access to one but I couldn't so I need ya'll to check for me, please. XP worked, though.
July 14, 2010: I did a total re-write of the launcher. The danged INI file isn't being "properly" read by the launcher, so I made the cache patch.
June 16, 2010: I added an INI variable that allows you to choose whether or not you want to store cache (default value is false). Set it to true and put it in your GoogleEarthPortable folder and the launcher will save your cache.
June 15, 2010: Its as clean as its gonna get. There are a few files that are impossible to delete that the program edits but other than that, its clean (these are the same files Google Chrome Portable edits, so I'm not worried). I fixed Installer.ini so that it doesn't check MD5 sums so that you don't get the error message.
June 12, 2010: Now it cleans up after itself a little bit better.
June 11, 2010: Initial Release
Mod JTH Note: This node had to be recreated. The old one corrupted the search index. After further investigation, it was due to an immense, unedited system change snapshot posted by horusofoz including numerous repeated hex codes (see here. Please refrain from making huge text posts like that in the forum. For a regshot that big, use pastebin.