Category: Graphics & Pictures
Description: Inkscape is a feature rich and very popular vector graphics editor. With Inkscape you can edit SVG files, and files of other formats, make pretty pictures, design your very own kitchen sink, and lots more.
Download Inkscape Portable 0.47pre4 [40.1MB download / 87.6-159.7MB installed]
- Updated to 0.47pre4 (built by me)
- Using new Inkscape Portable build procedure in Inkscape trunk (forgot to get it added to the makefile so it didn't end up in the source distribution).
- Uses new Inkscape Portable splash screen from John.
- Ready to go both here and inkscape.org when 0.47 final comes out shortly
- Updated to pre2
- Updated icon
- All known issues fixed (file chooser in export has been fixed upstream).
0.47pre0-1 Pre-Release 1 (2009-07-10):
- MRU drive letter updating
- Changed optional section file mask #1 from App\Inkscape\share\clipart\*.*.svg to App\Inkscape\share\clipart\draw-freely.*.svg so that inkscape.logo.svg gets into the English version
- Changed optional section directory mask #2 from App\Inkscape\lib\locale (not right) to App\Inkscape\share\locale, which reduced English-only size by 21.7MB.
- (For the record, I checked over all the optional language stuff to make sure I hadn't left anything behind in the English version or caught anything English in the multilingual section)
- Changed icon: now appicon*.* use the newer Inkscape logo (work was done just after the Functionality Test) as in App\Inkscape\inkscape.ico. It's clearer, with higher contrast, and has a blue "smudge" on the right. However, there's no version of it above 64x64 available that I could find. Jon Cruz has told me ScislaC is the right person to approach, but I haven't caught him. A 128x128 version would be great, so that the splash screen can be updated.
- It's 0.47pre0-1 rather than 0.47pre1 as there was no Windows build at the time of writing, and I couldn't get the build process to work for me, it only got to .o files, and wouldn't make the "real thing".
r21486 Functionality Test (2009-06-07):
- Using a build based on SVN revision 21486. A patch which I made to vastly improve portability was committed as revision 21480, namely overriding the settings storage location based on the INKSCAPE_PORTABLE_PROFILE_DIR environment variable.
- The biggest change in the launcher is that now it can just set the environment variable INKSCAPE_PORTABLE_PROFILE_DIR to $EXEDIR\Data\settings. This is probably the main functionality being tested here.
- This portable build is to test out the new launcher, and to prepare for the release of Inkscape 0.47, with the intent of getting Inkscape Portable 0.47 out as quickly as possible after Inkscape 0.47's release. There are many changes in 0.47, changing some of the ways which the launcher works; for example, I had planned to add the portable Documents and Pictures directories with a .gtk-bookmarks file, but since 0.46, Inkscape has switched to using the Windows file picker rather than the GTK file picker, so I scrapped that idea.
- Launcher significantly reworked and simplified; e.g. InkscapeExecutable removed as there is no longer an inkview.exe, only inkscape.exe.
For older release notes, go to the 0.46 Pre-Release 1 and 0.46 Development Test releases threads.