Category: Graphics & Pictures
Description: Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License.
Blender 2.49b was released earlier today. 2.49b is a bugfix release and also contains some new functionality.
Blender 2.49b release log - list of fixes.
Blender Portable 2.49b Pre-Release 2 [24.8MB download / 26.7-65.0MB installed]
Pre-Release 1 (2009-03-09): Initial release
- $TEMP\quit.blend is redirected to data/settings/RestoreLastSession
- BlenderPortable.ini cleaned up
- Readme.txt cleaned up
- BlenderPortable.nsi cleaned up
Pre-Release 2 (2009-13-09): New .nsi script
- $TEMP\quit.blend is redirected to data/settings/TEMP
- .blender and plugins silent copy to App/Blender
- .B.blend and tmp copied back on closure, then deleted from App/Blender
- Setup compatible with previous and future App upgrades
The .nsi script should now be in a position to upgrade fully all future releases. The Data folder will hold an individuals add on textures, plugins etc. These are copied across on running and remain in Data for future App upgrades so that they are not lost. I had tried a bunch of different scenarios and had many failures. I hope this works as expected and fulfills the requirements from previous discussions.
Please test and feedback any comments.