Application: Glary Utilities
Description: Glary Utilities Portable is a PortableApps.com Launcher for the popular Glary Utilities. It has all the same great features as Glary Utilities including powerful, easy-to-use system tools and utilities to fix, speed up, maintain and protect your PC and more. Plus, it leaves no personal information behind on the machine you run it on.
Download Glary Utilities Portable 2.x.x.x Development Test 1 [1+8MB download / 19MB installed]
Online Installer: This is an online installer that will download additional files during setup.
2.x.x.x Development Test 1 (2010-11-30):
- MD5 check removed (installer will now download latest version).
184.108.40.2061 Development Test 1 (2010-09-22):
- Glary Utilities updated to 220.127.116.111.
18.104.22.1682 Development Test 1 (2010-08-23):
- Glary Utilities updated to 22.214.171.1242.
- Installer will preserve the app if a download fails.
126.96.36.1996 Development Test 1 (2010-07-08):
- Glary Utilities updated to 188.8.131.526.
- Added CheckForPlatformSplashDisable (not tested yet).
184.108.40.2063 Development Test 1 (2010-05-28):
- Glary Utilities updated to 220.127.116.113.
18.104.22.1683 Development Test 1 (2010-04-09):
- Glary Utilities updated to 22.214.171.1243.
- Added SecondaryLaunch/Cleanup check.
- Removed the abilty to change the name of the app/settings directories and the program executable with the INI.
- MD5 removed from "installer.ini" so it should be good for an upgrade.
126.96.36.1991 Development Test 1 (2010-02-28):
- Glary Utilities updated to 188.8.131.521.
184.108.40.2060 Development Test 4 (2010-02-05):
- Adding Glary Utilities Portable to the Windows startup items list is now an option in "GlaryUtilitiesPortable.ini". The default is "true" and disabling it is *not* recommended! See "Readme.txt".
220.127.116.110 Development Test 3 (2010-01-28):
- Forgot to add drive switching. Drive switching added.
- There is still some weirdness with the saved settings. Skin setting is saved... until you change drives. Lots of other settings aren't so something is still being overwritten on startup.
- Clean install recommended.
18.104.22.1680 Development Test 2 (2010-01-28):
Settings are now saved correctly.Thanks sl23. And no thanks to me...
22.214.171.1240 Development Test 1 (2010-01-27):
- Glary Utilities updated to 126.96.36.1990. No issues.
188.8.131.526 Development Test 2 (2010-01-06):
- Added UAC plugin to run launcher as admin. Testers on 7/Vista required!
184.108.40.2066 Development Test 1 (2009-12-23):
- Added new Portugese translation to launcher.
Removed 'Preserve App Directory' code in installer as it's too complicated to maintain here. From now on, the app directory will *not* survive a failed upgrade/reinstall. So make a backup before trying
- Tweaked $REBOOT code.
220.127.116.116 Development Test 2 (2009-12-11):
Fixed bug in post install code that caused an upgrade to fail.
EDIT: If you're upgrading, delete the "App\Glary Utilities Portable" folder first
18.104.22.1686 Development Test 1 (2009-11-19):
Glary Utilities updated to 22.214.171.1246. No issues. Well, none that weren't in the last version anyway
- I couldn't check the 'registry optimize/reboot' thing as it said my registry didn't need it so I wasn't given the option! Nothing else seems to have changed so I presume that hasn't either. You can report any problems below.
- Optimized $SETTINGSDIRECTORY code.
- Fixed app name bug in "GlaryUtilitiesPortable.ini".
- Minor PAF fixes.
126.96.36.1998 Development Test 1 (2009-09-25):
- App has been updated to 188.8.131.528. No issues.
184.108.40.2068 Development Test 4 (2009-09-21):
- The app now survives a reboot and cleans up properly after the registry defragmenter (see notes below).
- Extended "CheckRunning" to include all the EXE files the app uses.
220.127.116.118 Development Test 3 (2009-09-04):
- It's too easy to leave the Memory Optimizer open in the system tray after shutting down the main app. If you then close the Memory Optimizer, a registry key is left behind (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GlarySoft\Glary Utilities\MemDefrag). The launcher now waits for the Memory Optimizer to close before exiting and cleaning up properly.
18.104.22.1688 Development Test 2 (2009-08-24):
- Fixes for a couple of files left over in the TEMP directory after checking for updates (thanks horusofoz).
22.214.171.1248 Development Test 1 (2009-08-20): Initial release
When running, Glary Utilities Portable will temporarily appear in MSConfig/Startup. This is intentional. Do not remove!
You can go ahead and reboot the computer after using the Registry Defragmenter. GUP will run at startup and you can carry on working or close it.
- 126.96.36.1998 Development Test 4:
If you've rebooted previous versions after using the Registry Defragmenter you may be left with duplicate files/folders which won't be moving correctly. The easiest way to fix this is to backup/delete the files in your settings directory. There's nothing critical being saved and they'll be recreated if missing anyway. If you have no local installation you can also delete the "HKCU\Software\GlarySoft\Glary Utilities" registry key and it's parent "HKCU\Software\GlarySoft" (if left empty).
The app overwrites
any some saved preferences with the defaults at startup.
7 Home Premium (Admin)
XP Home SP2 (Admin)
XP Home SP3 (Admin)
Thanks to Patrick for hosting.