PortableApps.com is proud to announce that PortableApps.com Launcher 2.0 has been released. The PortableApps.com Launcher™ allows developers, publishers and even technical end-user to portablize apps in PortableApps.com Format without needing to write any code. It's an easy to use multilingual launcher that makes creating portable apps a snap. Once you've updated your app to the current PortableApps.com Format Specification, you can use the PortableApps.com Launcher to handle registry keys, command line options and updating configuration files just by editing a simple INI file. The PortableApps.com Launcher brings the power behind our launchers used in hundreds of apps to everyone. It's already used in NSIS Portable, Audacity Portable and PChat Portable.
- Proven NSIS core
- Easy configuration with no coding required
- Automated language switching of apps with the PortableApps.com Platform
- Powerful settings file and directory moving
- Easy registry portablization
- Custom code in launchers where needed
- And many more features for making professional portable apps
- Works from command line and Send To (just pass the portable app's main directory, e.g. X:\PortableApps\FileZillaPortable)
- Licensed for use with free open source and freeware
- Commercial use by contacting PortableApps.com
This update allows software publishers to package their apps using our popular tools. Open source projects can use our installer and launcher (and all source is included and licensed under the GPL) and release their own PAF files. Freeware publishers can also use our installer with no special permission. Commercial publishers can contact us for permission.
Get Help Packaging for PortableApps.com
If you need help packaging your software in PortableApps.com Format or using the PortableApps.com Launcher, just post a note to the Development Forum and we'll help you out.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
PortableApps.com Launcher is packaged as a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
The PortableApps.com Launcher is available for immediate download from the PortableApps.com Launcher homepage. Get it today!